Before we get into office updates … How is everyone? Gosh, what a world we are living in right now, am I right?! These past weeks have brought so much change, fear and uncertainty into our lives, it’s been overwhelming. It’s a heavy weight to carry. It’s a lot of deal with. I hope that you are finding some sort of good in all of this worry, some light in the darkness, some hope for a better tomorrow. We are thinking about you and wish you all well. And to our patients, who are working on the front lines, we are so grateful and we send our love and thanks for all you are doing.
When are we reopening?
As you likely know by now Governor Brown has given the green light to return to the dental office after May 1st, with the stipulation that we are able to comply with the recommendations set forth by the CDC and the ODA (Oregon Dental Association). The new recommendations are extensive and important and we will be doing everything we can to help prevent the further spread of this disease. With that being said we, as a team, have decided to delay the opening of our office until we can make absolutely certain that we have the proper protocols in place to protect you, your families, our staff and the community at large. We will begin opening our office for treatment on June 1st and on June 15th we will begin seeing patients for cleanings. We understand that this will be inconvenient to some and we apologize, this decision was not made lightly. We will continue to see emergency appointments as needed until our doors reopen. If you are having pain, swelling or experiencing signs of infection please leave us a voicemail, write us an email, or send us a text. We are here for you.
What will change when we return?
We will be strictly complying with the guidelines set forth by the ODA and CDC, just as we always have. Here are a few of the changes you can expect to see when you come in for an appointment:
- Please do not arrive early or late for your appointment – we may not be able to accommodate late arrivals. If you arrive early, please remain in your vehicle until appointment time.
- Plan to wear a mask to your appointment – we will have a hand sanitizing and mask station just outside of the door.
- “Patient Only” when coming for an appointment – unless a minor, then one parent/guardian is permitted. If you are accompanying a minor, please wear a mask to the appointment as well.
- Plan to have your temperature taken prior to entering the office – staff will also be confirmed to not have a temperature prior to seeing patients.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have a fever, are experiencing respiratory symptoms, have traveled in the last two weeks, or have had exposure to persons with Covid-19.
- Appointments will until further notice be scheduled at certain times of the day to limit the generating of aerosols in our office.
- All co-pays and out-of-pocket payments will be taken at the beginning of your appointment.
- All scheduling and treatment planning will take place via the phone or email.
- CHANGE TO OFFICE HOURS: MONDAY – THURSDAY (No Friday appointments) 8 AM to 5 PM – If you are currently scheduled for an appointment on a Friday in June – August, we will call to reschedule your appointment.
- You will be contacted prior to your appointment with any necessary information you’ll need before coming into the office.
What will stay the same?
The level of care we strive to provide you, our patient – that will never change! We may greet you wearing a mask now, but underneath that mask are the same warm smiles you’ve come to expect from our office. We may look a little silly in our enhanced PPE (Face Shields and Gowns – what a look!), but we are still 100% committed to making your experience as comfortable as possible. We may be social distancing, but we are still here for you.
We can’t wait to see you again!